You must have heard about many disorders by now and have probably also seen them. But did you know that there are also sleep disorders? If yes then today you will know more about it and if not then today you will know in this blog. Normally it happens with you when you take more stress and any other mental health like depression and stress. For some, it may be harmful and for some, it may be not. But personally, this is not good for you because it directly affects your daily life. This disorder is directly connected with your mental health.
Here you will get all the information about this disorder. By which you can also avoid this disorder.
What are Sleep Disorders?
So first of all this question arises what are sleep disorders? These disorders are also known as sleep-wake disorders. Sleep disorder is that which affects the time and quantity of your sleep and is the result of your daytime stress. This disorder completely changes your daily sleeping routines after this disease your mind has no control over your sleeping time. This disorder can make you sleepy at any time at any palace and you also feel dizzy. You feel tired all the time even if you sleep 7 hours at night. And you can’t do your day job properly. In simple language, this disorder disturbs your daily life activities and Most cases of the disease are seen in adults.
Types of sleep disorders:
Type Insomnia is a sleep disorder that causes you to fall or have trouble falling asleep. There are three types of insomnia first is transient which is for less than one month the second is short-term insomnia which is for between one and six months and the third one is chronic insomnia which is for more than six months.
Narcolepsy is a disorder that directly affects the brain’s ability to control the sleep-wake process. Some main signs of narcolepsy fall asleep anytime without any warning and sudden loss of muscle tone, sleep paralysis, changes in rapid eye movement(REM) sleep and hallucinations, etc.
3. Sleep Apnea:
Sleep apnea is a disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops during sleep, causing loud snoring. Symptoms of sleep apnea are excessive daytime sleepiness, Headache in the morning that can last long after waking up, and dry mouth after waking up. These are some of the symptoms that occur of sleep apnea.
4. Restless Legs Syndrome:
Restless legs syndrome is not a big problem In this disorder there is an irresistible urge to move the legs. And this happens mostly in the evening and at night before going to sleep. Right now not more is known about this disorder, research is going on on this topic.
5. REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder:
In REM disorder, a person starts talking in his sleep And starts walking. And the most surprising thing is that after getting up from sleep in the morning, nothing is remembered. And it can start 90 minutes after bedtime. In this disordered person what he is seeing in dreams, he does in reality. If he is dreaming that he is running away from something. Then he can jump on the floor from his bed.
Let’s talk about the symptoms of sleep disorders How do you know if you have a disorder or not? As you have read above sleep disorder is of different types so their symptoms are also different. There are also some common symptoms; after knowing these symptoms, you can find out whether you have a sleep disorder.
Some sleep disorders are followed as:
- Changes in the sleep cycle.
- Sleep talking.
- You move your feet for no reason.
- Irregular breathing patterns
- Taking a nap all-day
It is essential to know what causes sleep disorders because if you know then maybe you can stop it. So these causes are the following:
- Working in night shift if you prefer the night shift so it is the main reason for this disorder.
- Taking more stress without any reason.
- Drinking too much alcohol and smoking.
- Medical issues such as asthma.
- If you are above 60 are more likely to have a sleep disorder.
- And many other problems such as lungs problem, heart failure, or you may have taken much medicine and pills for many years.
Note-If possible please avoid some things like taking more medicine, alcohol, and stress. And take full rest if you follow these things maybe you avoid sleep disorders.
There are different types of treatments for different types of sleep disorders. But before taking any treatment, you should definitely consult a doctor. Because if you do any treatment without consulting a doctor, then it can cause a big problem. Some of the treatments which are done in the sleep order are as follows:
- You can take sleeping pills if you can’t sleep, but it can also be dangerous to overdose on it, you can take them sometimes.
- There are some genuine treatments that are really helpful without any side effects.
1. Taking green vegetables and fish into your diet and avoiding sugar
2. And stay away from alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc.
3. If you drinking water before bedtime please avoid it.
4. Do exercise and yoga to reduce stress and anxiety.
- If you have a sleep disorder then schedule your bedtime time and wake time and be consistent with it.
- And also maintain your weight based on your doctor’s recommendation. And stay active.
Sleep disorders have become very common in today’s life. Because all are very busy in their life even they have no time to take complete rest on time. You can’t even imagine how dangerous this disorder can be for you. But you can avoid it if you are doing some precautions as we have told you above.