Soma is a prescription medicine used as a skeletal muscle relaxant. The trade name of Soma is Carisoprodol. It works on the central nervous system as a muscle relaxer that blocks pain vibes between the nerves and the brain. Lortab addiction can destroy your life. It is classified as a controlled substance by DEA. It is hypnotic & belongs to Schedule IV drugs which have the potential for abuse. Usually, it works by helping to calm the muscles and is used along with rest, therapy, and treatments.
It should be used only for short-term periods of 2-3 weeks because there is no evidence that can prove its effectiveness in the long-term periods. Most skeletal muscle injuries are generally recovered in a short duration. There is no proof that can prove if it is safe and effective for teenagers. It is not prescribed for aged patients.
Soma Addiction and Dependence
It is safe when taken under healthcare. However, Soma addiction is frequently increased over the last decade. Those who have an addiction to Soma have a high risk of becoming psychologically and physically dependent. When It is taken above the doctor recommended dosage levels, its effects include:
- Racing heart rate
- Loss of coordination
- Tightness in chest
- Unusual excitement & nervousness
- Blurred Vision
- Immediate consult with your doctor if have felt any of the symptoms listed above.
The most ordinary adverse effects of Soma :
What happens if I overdose Soma ?
Breathing difficulty, Coma, Shock are the basic sign of overdose. Many addicted people combine many drugs or soma with alcohol so it effects similar to heroin. Because of the Soma’s capability for abuse, The DEA of the United States currently lists it as a drug of concern. According to the U.S department, it is abused by people of all ages. According to a survey report, 29 million Americans (12+ age) were used soma without any prescription or medical purpose. At least 1 time in life.
What are the risks?
It is safe if it is prescribed by a doctor. If it can be used without prescription it can occur to lead to psychological or physical addictions to the drug. It can cause some serious side effects also like unusual weakness, tightness in the chest, depression, racing heartbeat, etc. A single overdose of it may cause death also.
Cure of Soma Addiction & Dependence
Frequently use of Soma can lead to dependence & tolerance. Suddenly stopping the use of it also causes some withdrawal symptoms like cramps, headache, nausea, etc. Suitable detoxification treatment is required to close the addiction under the guidance of health care.
- Impatient treatment – an immersive and supervised recovery process.
- Outpatient treatment – option to live at home and continue working during the process of recovery
- 12 step treatment – a caring network and a clear way to moderation
- Smart recovery – a specific 4-point model for getting your life back on track
For more details – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carisoprodol#Withdrawal
Abusers have usually swallowed it orally. Some abusers combine two or more drugs or alcohol together to enhance their effect. This combination produces similar effects to heroin. It may cause some dangerous severe effects.
How should I take Soma?
Take it exactly as prescribed by the health professionals. It is a habit-forming drug. Misuse or overuse can cause death, coma & addiction. It should not be prescribed for the long term, 250-300 mg 3 doses in a day at bedtime. It should be prescribed only for 2-3 weeks. Consult with your doctor regarding your condition & improvement
Talk with him if feel any discomfort. After use for a long time don’t stop it suddenly. Consult with your doctor regarding how to carefully stop using it.
Some requirements are necessary while using it including:
- Store it at room temperature
- Keep away from light & moisture
- Keep away from the children & pets
- Dispose of this product when it is not needed or expired
Precautions before using it
Some precautions are necessary while using it including:
- Consult with your doctor or healthcare about your medical histories like kidney issues or liver failure and blood disorder, etc.
- If you are an allergic person and you used any medicine for it. Told to your doctor first. Because it can contain inactive ingredients,
- It may make you dizzier. Do not drive or use machinery, etc. that needs alertness.
- Avoid alcohol & other beverages along with Soma it makes you dizzier.
- Talk with your doctor if you are using any herbal product.
- Used during pregnancy when needed.
Discuss with your doctor about benefits & risks. Older people & teenagers may be more sensitive to the side effects. These adverse effects can raise the possibility of falling.
From time to time consult with your doctor about your condition & dosage. Avoid taking double doses at a time. Skip the missed dose. Don’t share it with others It is not approved for use younger than 16 years old. Soma abuse is illegal and can be extremely dangerous also. The patient & doctors both need to be extremely aware while using them.
Here we are trying to give all the information regarding Soma including the Uses of Soma? Soma addiction & dependency & their cure, the right way of taking Soma & How it becomes abuse? What are the risks of Soma? What Precautions are needed while taking Soma?