Order Meridia Online, Is prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of obesity, weight loss & maintenance of weight loss. Approved by FDA in 1997 & having a risk of heart attack and stroke along with some benefits. It is also sold or known by different names such as Reductil & Sibutramine. It is no longer available in the United States because of the possibility of severe cardiovascular problems in some people who use it. This medicine is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance. On October 8, 2010, At the FDA’s request, Meridia is withdrawing from the market. No studies cleared that it is a safe and effective drug for younger children less than 18 years.
Due to increased cardiovascular effects and strokes and it has been banned or withdrawn from the market of many countries such as New Zealand, China, India, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, the European Union, Mexico, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In spite of this medicine continue available in many countries.
Why did Meridia drugs used for weight management?
Your overweight is a result of too much energy. The energy that you eat up as food has been greater than the energy that you waste on daily activities. To maintain a weight loss or lose weight extra weight, you need to overturn this imbalance. As you need to raise your physical activity and reduce the amount of food you eat, you raise the energy deficit and the amount of fat you can lose.
FDA Advice For Patients Regarding Meridia
- Stop using this medicine and consult with your doctor & health care provider about alternative medicine for weight loss and weight loss management programs.
- Consult with your doctor & health care provider if you have any questions & queries regarding this drug.
- Contact immediately with your healthcare provider if you feel any discomfort or feel pain in the chest, fingers shaking, heart palpitations, rapid heart rate, or severe dizziness and lightheadedness.
- Dispose of unused Meridia:
- Take out Meridia from its original container and mix it with any other substance, like coffee grounds or kitty litter. The medication will be unrecognizable to people, children, and pets.
- Put in a sealed pack bag, or any container to prevent it from breaking out of a garbage bag.
What are the side effects of the Meridia drug?
Look for medical help if you have experienced any signs of an allergic reaction such as shallow breathing, dry mouth, hives, or swelling on the upper part of the body (face). Stop immediate taking it and consult with your doctor at once if you have any serious side effects including:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Difficulty breathing
- Lack of coordination
- Blurred Vision
- Watery Eyes
- Severe Headache
- Chest Pain
- Sudden weakness
Non-serious side effects of Meridia include:
- Runny Nose
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Feeling depressed
- Joint pain, headache
- Flu symptoms
- Difficulty sleeping
- Mild skin rash, Redness
Other Important Side Effects Of Meridia Such As:
- Thoughts of Harming Yourself
- Suicidal thoughts
Meridia mainly raises the blood pressure and pulse rate in some patients. Necessary to regularly monitor blood pressure and pulse rate is required when prescribing Meridia. For patients who experience a sudden rise in blood pressure and pulse rate while taking Meridia, dose reduction should be designed. Be Careful to give to those patients who have a history of hypertension, and not be given to those patients who have poorly uncontrolled hypertension.
For more details- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibutramine
FDA Suggestion For Healthcare Professionals
- Don’t prescribe Meridia to patients
- Regular keep in touch with patients who currently taking Meridia and tell them to stop taking it
- Discuss with patients the risks of Meridia
- Prescribe other alternative medicine for weight loss to your patients
- Be aware of the possible risk of Meridia patients who notice any signs or symptoms of cardiovascular disease
Contraindicated In Patients
- Have a major eating disorder
- Taking other centrally acting weight loss drugs along with Meridia
- Having uncontrolled hypertension
- Age is over 65 years.
- Age is under 16 years
- Have an eye disorder (Glaucoma)
- With hypersensitivity to Meridia
- Heart attack
- Chest pain
- Heart failure
- Rapid heartbeat
- Poor blood circulation in their legs
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
- Have a serious liver or kidney disease
- If you have bulimia nervosa ( eating disorder)
What other drugs will affect Meridia?
Before taking Meridia, consult with your doctor if you currently use any other medicines that make you drowsy (including pain killers, allergic pills, sleeping pills medicine, sedatives, depression, and muscle relaxers). They can add to acute laziness caused by Meridia.
Talk with your doctor before taking any medications such as cough medicine or diet pills, etc. The following drugs can affect Meridia. So talk with your doctor if you are using any of them:
- Lithobid (lithium)
- Nizoral (Ketoconazole)
- Citalopram (antidepressant)
- Dihydroergotamine (ergot medicine)
- Sumatriptan (Headache or migraine medicine)
- Fentanyl (narcotic pain medication)
Control on your diet, amount and number of meals are the main to developing obesity. The stomach indicates feelings of completion after taking a meal and therefore a role of control calories intake. Whether it is not sure that sibutramine medicine changes the stomach functioning or lesser the appetite. Different people respond differently to treatment whether many peoples lose weight & while others do not.
The most ordinary side effect of this drug is dry mouth, and patients must be monitored carefully for changes in heartbeat and blood pressure. Manufacturers of Meridia drug said that they were taking appropriate action but under pressure from the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). This drug is being pulled out from the market because it can hike the possibility of heart attacks & strokes.