- Why did doctors prescribe nystatin and triamcinolone topical?
- How to use nystatin and triamcinolone?
- What special dietary plans should I follow?
- What special precautions could I follow?
- What are nystatin and triamcinolone ointment side effects?
- What do I do if I forget a dose?
- What can I know about the storage and disposal of this medication?
- What other information should I know?
Why did doctors prescribe nystatin and triamcinolone topical?
Triamcinolone is available as a steroid medicine and nystatin is available as an antifungal medicine. Nystatin and triamcinolone topical is used by combining them together for the treatment of certain kinds of fungal or yeast infections of the skin such as Candida (Monilia), and to help relieve the discomfort of the infection. The combination of this medication contains an antifungal and a corticosteroid (cortisone-like medicine). This combination is only available in two forms as Cream and Ointments. Some common brands under which this combination is sold are Myco-Triacet-II, Mycogen-II, Mycolog II, Mytrex, N.T.A.
Nystatin comes under the class of antifungal medications known as polyenes and it works by stopping the growth of fungi that cause infection in your body. Triamcinolone is used to treat a variety of the conditions like skin diseases, allergic disorders, breathing problems, certain cancers, eye diseases, intestinal disorders, arthritis, gout, blood diseases, collagen, itching, redness, dryness, crusting, scaling, inflammation, and rheumatic disorders among others. Triamcinolone activates some of the natural substances to reduce swelling, redness in the skin.
How to use nystatin and triamcinolone?
The combination of nystatin and triamcinolone is available in the form of cream and ointment to apply to the skin. Usually, your healthcare professionals will prescribe the applied medication twice a day to the affected area for no longer than 2 weeks. And always used this combination at around the same time each and every day to remember using this medication.
Ensure that all the directions have been followed exactly on your prescription label carefully. The medication prescribed by your doctors can not be used more or less. The dosage of this medication depends on your medical condition or your response to treatment.
How should I apply nystatin and triamcinolone ointment or cream?
- Before using ointment or cream of this combination, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water very gently and then dry the affected area.
- After that take enough ointment or cream to cover all the affected areas.
- Try to avoid getting this ointment or cream into your eyes, mouth, or vagina. In case this happens then rinse your eyes, mouth, vagina with water.
- Avoid wrapping and wearing tight-fitting clothing over the affected area and keep the sore area dry and clean.
- And if you are using this ointment or cream on your infant in the diaper area then don’t use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
- Ensure that you do not wash the area where you apply the ointment or cream to your skin. So, remember not to take shower, bathe, or swim after applying this medication to affected areas.
- After that wash your hand again thoroughly with soap and water very gently to remove the nystatin and triamcinolone ointment or cream from your fingers.
Until your full prescribed amount is finished, do not stop using this ointment even if you feel well or your symptoms disappear. And if you feel your condition doesn’t improve then you may contact your healthcare professionals. Your condition can also worsen at any time or after 2 weeks of your treatment then contact your doctor. Your healthcare professionals will tell you when you have stopped using this medication. If you don’t understand any of the parts then ask your healthcare provider to explain all the things again.
What special dietary plans should I follow?
Always follow your dietary recommendations and exercise plan made by your healthcare professional. If your doctor didn’t give you any instructions, you can continue your normal diet plans by just avoiding fast food.
What special precautions could I follow?
You should have followed this special precaution before using the nystatin and triamcinolone topical:
- If you become pregnant or plan to become pregnant while you are using ointment or cream of this combination then tell your doctor and pharmacist immediately.
- If you are allergic to this combination of nystatin and triamcinolone, any other medications, or any of the ingredients available in this cream or ointment, then tell your doctor and pharmacist and ask them for all ingredients of this combination by which you are allergic.
- While using this medication, try to avoid getting this ointment or cream of nystatin and triamcinolone combination into your eyes or mouth. In case this happens then rinse your eyes and mouth with water.
- If you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, dietary supplements, and other drugs or drugs, and herbal products, or planning to take them while using this ointment or cream of this combination then tell your doctor and pharmacist.
- This can be very harmful to your infant. So, if you are breastfeeding then tell your doctor and pharmacist because it can pass into breast milk.
If you have experienced or faced any of the problems mentioned above then contact your health care professionals immediately. Follow all the mentioned precautions carefully, these are all precautions that you can take while using this product.
What are nystatin and triamcinolone ointment side effects?
Without your healthcare professionals don’t try to use nystatin ointment because they will suggest this medication only by judging the most benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Because this combination of ointment is a medication that can be used only by people who have some serious side effects. And never try to use it for a longer time period than prescribed.
When you are using nystatin and triamcinolone topical and if you have seen any of these side effects or symptoms mentioned below then contact your healthcare professionals immediately.
Some common nystatin and triamcinolone topical side effects:
- You’ll feel acne.
- You’ll feel skin sores.
- You’ll feel itching.
- You’ll feel irritation.
- You’ll feel burning.
- You’ll feel stinging.
- You’ll feel increased hair growth.
- You’ll feel burning or itching of treated skin.
- You’ll feel skin dryness or irritation.
- You’ll feel redness or crusting around your hair follicles.
- You’ll feel the lightened color of treated skin.
- You’ll feel stretch marks.
- You’ll feel the white or “pruned” appearance of the skin.
Some serious nystatin and triamcinolone topical side effects:
- You’ll feel weight gain or loss.
- You’ll feel muscle weakness.
- You’ll feel vomiting.
- You’ll feel the loss of appetite.
- You’ll feel slow wound healing.
- You’ll feel irritation on the affected area where the medication was applied.
- You’ll feel signs of skin infection (swelling, redness, warmth, oozing).
- You’ll feel worsening tiredness or lightheadedness.
- You’ll feel anxiety.
- You’ll feel depressed.
- You’ll feel irritable.
- You’ll feel blurred or tunnel vision.
- You’ll feel eye pain.
- You’ll feel like seeing halos around lights.
- You’ll feel nausea.
In case, if you are facing any problems and do not go away or are getting worse then immediately contact your health care professionals because this is not the complete list of all symptoms and side effects of this medication.
If you are in the United States and you are facing these serious side effects or someone near you then you can contact the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or call at 1-888-463-6332 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
What do I do if I forget a dose?
If you forgot to take this medication and if it is near the time of your next dose then we suggest you please skip that dose and take it at the next dose at the regular time. Don’t take the dose at irregular times. It makes your dose double.
What can I know about the storage and disposal of this medication?
Store this medication at room temperature and keep them away from light or excessive heat and moisture. And put them away from the reach of the pets and children, we suggest you put that medicine in a tightly closed container in which they came because there are as many containers like eye drops, creams, patches, and inhalers that are not child-resistant and young children or pets can easily open them.
You should have disposed of all the medication that is unneeded in a special way to ensure that children, pets, and other people can’t consume them. You can not flush them or pour them into the drain. You can return them to the pharmacist or the best way is that you can take back the program for returning your medicines.
What other information should I know?
If you are taking any prescription and non-prescription medication or drugs, while you are using this medication, it is very important to tell your healthcare professionals about this. To make it easy and unforgettable, you can create a list of all prescription and non-prescription medications or drugs and any other drug or medicine you are taking. You can show that list to your healthcare professionals or pharmacists at the time of visit or meeting them. It would help you in case of emergencies. It would help you in case of emergencies.
At the time of meeting your healthcare professionals, don’t forget to carry the laboratory report. And the most important thing is to never miss your doctor and laboratory appointments because your healthcare professionals will check the response of this medicine then he/she will tell you the update or other pieces of information. So, keep all your appointments with your doctor, pharmacist, and the laboratory. And before having any laboratory test, if you are already taking this product then tell your doctor and the laboratory personnel. Talk to your healthcare professionals if you feel your health condition is getting worse or your dose may need to be adjusted.
Hope you find this article very useful. Please tell us your experience with this article in the comment section and keep visiting for further pieces of information.