Knee pain is a very common issue in all age groups. It is very important to remove this pain because if you didn’t do anything to remove this pain, it would increase from time to time and it can be more painful than you can imagine. When you try to do anything like walking, gyming, running, and swimming you will feel pain in your joints. Sometimes winter can make things worse for you because of your joint pain. You can remove this pain at your home by using these below knee pain home remedies by yourself without going anywhere.
Before visiting your pharmacist or doctor try these knee pain home remedies, these are so many types and are very helpful in all kinds of joint pains. You just only read every remedy one by one and use it according to your comfort zone.
Some knee pain home remedies
1.Turmeric & Ginger
Turmeric and ginger both have natural anti-inflammatory properties. To lessen the pain in the joints, the natural anti-inflammatory properties help in this and improve overall well-being. Turmeric and ginger also act as antioxidants, this fight oxidative stress.
How to apply turmeric & ginger?
- First, boil the two cups of water.
- After that add a tablespoon of turmeric and ginger into that water.
- For five minutes, heat the mixture.
- Now strain the mixture into the cup.
- for at least 10 minutes, cool it down.
- Now add 1-2 teaspoons of honey into the mixture.
The taste is ready, for amazing benefits you just have to eat this mixture on a daily basis on an empty stomach. And someday, you’ll notice this knee pain home remedies is best.
People who have painful joints tend to be less active because of the pain they feel when trying to move. That’s why exercise is very important for the entire body but most important for joint health. If you want to prevent your joint pain then do long runs on a daily basis, it will help you to remove the pain from all of your joints areas from the body. If you do exercise, it will help you in managing your weight, keep your joints flexible, and strengthen muscles around your joints.
Some common exercises on daily basis are:
- For the benefit of cardiovascular, do brisk walking.
- For an improved range of motion, do daily stretches.
- For building strength and endurance, do aerobic exercises.
- Strength training using light weights.
Castor oil is a compound that contains anti-inflammatory, which helps us in the treatment of inflammation and improves your condition. It is mentioned in the ancient documents like the Ayurvedic manuscripts of Sushruta Samhita, Charaka Samhita about the potential of castor oil in joint pains. As per the Ayurveda terminology in Sanskrit, castor oil is known as Eranda Tailam.
How to apply castor oil?
Take the half tablespoon of warm castor oil in your hand, and gently rub this oil on the knee pain area then massage very slowly. From all knee pain home remedies, this castor oil is one of the home remedies.
Ice packs can also help you with knee pain. It can reduce swelling and inflammation. Many experts said the ice packs give relief from knee pain almost immediately.
How to apply ice packs?
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them in a plastic bag or a towel.
- After that for 15 to 20 minutes, apply that plastic bag on your knees very gently.
- To get the best results, make sure to apply ice packs 3 to 4 times a day.
Using knee pain home remedies is very easy and very low cost-effective. You can use your homemade ice packs.
Camphor oil is another home remedy for knee pain. Camphor oil helps you in relieving stress and irritation on your joints. This oil can increase your blood circulation. Mostly this is used for treating skin conditions, improving respiratory function, and relieving pain.
How to apply camphor oil?
- Take one hot coconut oil.
- Ensure the coconut oil is not boiling.
- Add one tablespoon of camphor powder to the coconut oil.
- After that wait to cool down the paste of coconut oil and camphor powder.
- Then take a little amount of paste on your knee and massage twice a day to get the desired results.
Yoga asanas is a holistic activity that helps you to keep your mind calm and activates all body parts. Yoga is a very effective way to keep your joint knee pain calm. You don’t need to do some professional or tough exercise or yoga, you can do some simple exercise on a daily basis in the morning for 15 – 20 minutes.
Tai chi helps you in improving the balance and flexibility of your body. It is a form of mind-body exercise. According to the researchers of 2009, tai chi is very beneficial for humans with osteoarthritis (OA). It is a proper treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) according to the American College of Rheumatology and Arthritis Foundation. Tai chi also helps in reducing stress and managing chronic pain because it involves deep breathing and relaxation. Tai chi can help in increasing the range of motion and reduce pain. It is the one good remedy from all knee pain home remedies.
8.Heat and cold therapy
Both heat and cold therapy have their own benefits. When you are giving rest to your knee at that time if you use a heating pad then it can help relieve pain. And cold treatment can help in reducing inflammation. You can do the heating treatment by using an electric blanket or moist heating pad to reduce discomfort overnight. And in the morning, to help ease stiffness you can take a long, warm shower or bath.
How to get heat and cold therapy?
Some tips over how to apply heat and cold therapy:
- Choose between cold and heat.
- If you are applying heat then apply it for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Apply cold pads for 20 minutes four to eight times a day after an injury for the first two days,
- After the injury, use the cold pack and other gel packs more often during the first 24 hours.
- At the pain area of the skin never try to apply ice cubes directly.
- Before applying a heating pad, always check that a heating pad isn’t too hot.
- During a flare, if your joint is warm, don’t use heat therapy.
By using heat and cold therapy you can get relief from knee pain. This is the one knee pain home remedies.
9.Eat a balanced diet
In managing knee pain, diet plays a very crucial role. You just have to know what you have to avoid and what to eat. Now discuss the diet:
Foods to Avoid
- Food items laced with sugar
- Hydrogenated oils
- Gluten, flour products, and wheat products
- Red meat
- Fried, processed, or starchy foods
Foods to Eat
- Eat food that has high high-antioxidant quantities such as fruits that are rich in vitamin A, C & K like berries, avocado, melon, papaya, and pineapple, and fresh veggies such as spinach, broccoli, red & green peppers, Brussel sprouts, and carrots.
- Eat food that has high sulfur quantities such as cabbage, asparagus, onion, and garlic.
- Eat omega-3 food such as chia seeds, fish, walnuts, and flaxseeds.
Alfalfa seeds are also used in the treatment of knee pain or arthritis. This knee pain home remedies is known for its natural medicinal qualities.
How to use the alfalfa seeds?
- Take one cup of hot water.
- Add one tablespoon of Alfalfa seeds into water.
- And then mix them gently.
- Now the mixture is ready to take, for 2 weeks to lessen the pain you just need to have at least 3-4 cups daily.
Epsom salt is also a knee pain home remedies, it has high quantities of magnesium. That is very good for bone health.
How to use the Epsom salt?
- Take a pint of hot water.
- Now add 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice & Epsom salt.
- Then mix them gently.
- The mixture is ready to take, for the result, you just need to have one tablespoon of this mix twice a day in the morning and night.
We have discussed the 9 best natural knee pain home remedies. All have their own benefits. People use home remedies according to their comfort but we suggest yoga exercises are the best natural knee pain home remedies. If you do these activities daily in your life then you would be the most focused, sensible person, and can overcome your knee pain. You can do anything without any problem.
And when you do these yoga activities daily in your life then you will see yourself as a very confident and focused person. These can help you to beat so many problems. For the future, more information related to natural home remedies for any problem comes to this platform. We will give you the best suggestion.
Hope you find this article very useful. Please tell us your experience with this article in the comment section and keep visiting for further pieces of information.