Norco pain reliever is a medicine used to prevent the symptoms of moderate to severe pain. It can be used alone or with other medicines, It is a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is an opioid pain reliever that works in the brain, blocking the production of certain chemicals in the brain to get rid of the pain. Acetaminophen is a non-opioid pain reliever that also reduces fever. Norco is classified as Schedule II substances, meaning they have a high potential for misuse, with use probably leading to harsh psychological or physical dependence.
Use Norco pain reliever (Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone) exactly the same as directed or prescribed by your doctor/health professionals. Follow the prescription & Do not try to take it in larger or smaller amounts or for a longer time than recommended. Otherwise, you might face some harsh side effects.
How to use Norco Pain Reliever
Read the prescription & medication guide before starting the drug. If you have any queries & questions consult with your doctor. Take this orally or as directed by health professionals. You can take it along with or without food also. If you have nausea or other stomach-related issues, you will take it with food it can help. If you are taking it in liquid form, Do not use any spoon to measure, use only a medical measuring device.
The amount of dose is based on your treatment & medical condition. In children, it is based on their weight. Don’t increase or decrease the amount of dose, take it as it is as prescribed by a doctor.
- Dosage – Take the same as prescribed. Norco pain reliever comes in Tablet or liquid form take it orally every 5-6 hours. Dose capacity should be adjusted according to the condition & treatment of the patient.
- Overdose – If Anybody has overdosed & has some discomfort issues such as difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest immediate talk with your doctor otherwise call 911. Overdose can occur many symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, coma, slow heartbeat & yellowing eyes,
- Missed Dose – If you are taking it regularly & you miss a dose so take it as soon as can if you have enough time before the next dose. Otherwise, skip that particular dose & take another dose at their regular time.
Factors That Affect Detection Time
Many different factors may play a major role in the process of detecting Norco pain reliever. Such factors include:
- Age – The digestion rate of an older person is weak rather than a youngster. So the drug is also clear very slowly in their body.
- Dosage – A higher dose of the drug takes a long time to process and excrete the drug.
- Frequency – If you already taking Norco for a while, it will take more time for the drug to completely clear your system.
- Weight – The metabolism rate of a taller & heavier person is quicker. while a shorter & lighter person’s metabolism rate is slightly slow.
- Liver Function – liver function is also very important in the process of metabolism of the drug, weak liver can take too much time to metabolize Narco.
- Alcohol – Consume more the one substance or alcohol with Narco at the same time. can make it difficult for the body to clear the narco from the system.
- Hydration – if you take more fluids it can dilute the substance of the drug so it is very difficult to detect Narco.
How to pull out Norco from Your System
The only way to clear the Narco pain reliever from your system is to stop consuming drugs and give time to your body to clear it. A lot of exercises & drinking a lot of water will also not help to clear the drug from your body. They also occur some withdrawal symptoms. Talk with your doctor to reduce the medication slowly.
Some common withdrawal symptoms of Norco pain reliever:
- Gastric issue
- Rebound pain
Pros & Cons of Norco Pain Reliever
All the medicines have some advantages & disadvantages. While you experience, the medication is working, you may also experience some unwanted side effects. Consult with your doctor immediately if you experience any benefit & side effects of the following:
Pros of Norco:
- It is a combination of two drugs to treat moderate to severe pain & that combination works better either than the other.
- It is available in both forms tablet or liquid. If any person has faced difficulty swallowing it. He may use the liquid form of it.
- More powerful than others
- Available as a common drug
Cons of Norco:
- It has some common side effects like Dizziness, Constipation, Nausea, Drowsiness.
- Can cause tolerance & dependence if it is used for a long period.
- To much amount of Norco Pain Reliever can damage your liver
- Doesn’t use as a general painkiller
- Can occur some serious side effects if used alongside alcohol
- Don’t use it if you are pregnant otherwise, your baby can become dependent on it.
Doctor’s Tips for Norco Pain Reliever
- Take it with food or milk if you have nausea or other stomach issues.
- Avoid alcohol while taking it
- It may make you sleepy or tired avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
- It may cause constipation drinks enough water & eat fiber foods.
- Consult with your doctor from time to time & talk about the dosage & condition.
Acetaminophen & hydrocodone included in Norco Pain Reliever can make users excited for several hours that increase with multiple doses. That’s why Norco has a high capacity for abuse & addiction & dependence. Painkillers work well if they are used at the right time when pain occurs, If you wait for till the pain has increased, the medication can not work as well as it can. Using it for a long time, may also not work as well. Consult with your healthcare if you don’t feel any improvement. People who are treated with opioids need careful monitoring for signs & symptoms because it carries the risk of addiction.