In this blog, I want to tell you the things you should know about who can buy tramadol online, its History, uses, interactions & warnings. Tramadol is available only on a prescription as a strong painkiller. That is used to prevent moderate to severe pain, especially after serious surgery or operation. It works in the central nervous system to change how your body feels and reacts to pain. You may need to take it with other drugs as part of combination therapy. It is also available with different brand names like Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip, and generics. It was approved by the FDA in 1994 as a non-scheduled drug under the Controlled Substance Act.
It is available in all three forms- tablets, capsules, and liquid drops & can be injected but only done in the hospital. It may be a habit-forming drug, especially with regular use.
Major Considerations for taking Tramadol
Keep these thoughts in your mind if your doctor prescribes tramadol for you.
- You can take it alone, with or without food
- Don’t crush & break this drug should swallow it whole.
- Not every pharmacy has all forms or brands stocks. carries the same form which your doctor prescribed for you.
- Keep it at room temperature.
- Carry this medication in an airtight box.
- Keep away from direct sunlight & heat.
- Don’t keep this medication in damp areas.
It is a refillable drug Your doctor will write the number of refills according to your prescription. A limited number of refills you can get for this prescription. Necessary to have a new prescription if you need this medication refilled.
- A lot of risk of misuse or addiction- before your doctor prescribes tramadol for you, they will evaluate the risk of misusing or becoming addicted.
- Live function- Your doctor checks your liver test reports is it working fine or not according to these reports they will decide the amount of dose or prescribe a different drug.
- Kidney function- Blood tests reports can help your doctor to check how well your kidneys are working. According to these reports, they will decide the amount of dose or prescribe a different drug.
- Breathing Rate- the doctor may monitor your breathing rate. They may check carefully in the starting when you start taking tramadol and after any increment in dose.
For more details – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol
Tramadol Side Effects
Tramadol oral tablet may cause sleepiness. You should avoid those activities that need more alertness like driving, operating machinery, or performing any dangerous activities. It may occur some other side effects:
Very ordinary side effects
Very ordinary side effects of tramadol can happen in more than 1 in 10 people and include:
- feeling sick
- feeling dizzy
- Dry mouth
- Low energy
Serious side effects
Some serious side effects are unusual. Consult with your health professionals if you feel any discomfort including:
- Breathing difficulty
- Dizzy, tired, and having low energy – these are the symptoms of low blood pressure
- Very sleepy
- Difficulty urinating
- Seizures (fits)
Serious allergic effects
A serious allergic reaction to this drug is ordinary. However, get medical help right away if you feel any of the following symptoms:
- Problem in breathing
How to Survive with side effects
Every medicine has side effects. Some side effects go away over time. Some changes in your diet & daily schedule can help you to survive with that. The doctor may advise well how to survive with that.
Headaches – Take proper rest & drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol while taking tramadol. Talk to your doctor about medicine to help & if your symptoms don’t go away.
Feeling sleepy & tired – these side effects can occur for a short time of period till your body not gets used to tramadol. Talk to your doctor about medicine to help & if your symptoms don’t go away.
Feeling sick (vomiting) – Avoid spicy food. Take normal meals. If you are sick drink small frequent sips of water. Talk to your doctor about medicine to help & if your symptoms don’t go away.
Constipation – Include rich fiber foods in your meal as fruits & vegetables. Also, try to drink enough water & do some exercise daily like walking & swimming. Talk to your doctor about medicine to help & if your symptoms don’t go away.
Dry mouth – Try some sugar-free chewing gum & sweets. Talk to your doctor he may prescribe an artificial saliva substitute to keep your mouth watery. It is available in form of spray, gel & lozenge.
Sweating – try to wear loose clothes, Using a fan to keep yourself cool.
Less Energy – Consult your doctor as they may to manage your dose or prescribe you a different painkiller.
Interaction with other medicines
Some medicines and tramadol interact with each other and raise the chances of having side effects. Be careful if you are taking any disease medicines along with tramadol like:
- for depression
- for mental health problems
- for pain relief
- to help you sleep
- to reduce tension or anxiety
- to treat symptoms of an allergy
- to thin the blood (such as warfarin)
- to treat an infection
Key Facts of Tramadol
- The most ordinary side effects of tramadol are feeling sick and faint.
- If you will take tramadol for a longer period, you need to have a prescribed treatment plan that may include some details of how and when to stop taking Tramadol.
- Keep away from drinking alcohol while taking tramadol as you’re likely to get side effects like drowsy.
- It is also known by various brand names like Tilodlol, Zydol, Mabron, Oldaram & Tradoree.
- Talk to your doctor about addiction & rehab because more chances of becoming addicted to tramadol.
Tramadol is a strong pain killer which is used in acute pain alike dental, chronic, cancer pain, or after any surgery or operation. It may cause some serious or life-threatening breathing problems, especially starting 24 to 72 hours of your treatment and any time when your dose is changed. The risk of breathing problems may be much higher if the patient is an older adult or weak. If you feel any discomfort or feel any of the following symptoms, talk to your doctor immediately or get treatment. However, tramadol has many adverse effects and it should be chosen carefully to treat the patients outlining the risk & benefits, the patients must be monitored carefully for any possible side effects.
Take it as prescribed
It is recommended to be used for both short-term and long-term treatment. Length of treatment depends on the condition of pain how severe your pain is. It occurs some serious risks if you don’t follow the prescription. If you stop it suddenly or don’t take it at all: Your pain can continue & you may experience some serious withdrawal effects.