Home remedies are always a great option for small injuries and normal diseases before seeking a doctor. The burning sensation can be easily cured by home remedies. There are many home remedies for burning sensations in hands that a person can try at home. The following remedies are highly effective, easily available, and easy to prepare. The ingredient and herbs we need, are readily available in any kitchen. These are some most common home remedies for burning sensation in hands that may provide relief. Before we talk about the treatment, let’s talk about “What can cause a burning sensation in the hand?”
What can cause a burning sensation in your hand?
Many people have a complaint about “burning hands”. It means their fingers or hand have sensations like burning, aching, itching, pain, and other problems. If you are experiencing a burning sensation in your hands, there are several reasons that could be the reason for burning the feeling in different parts of your body like your hands and feet. Hands are that part of your body which is used almost in every work and interact with almost every surface and put on lots of weight, in this condition dust and bacteria could be the reason for burning sensation. Neuropathy, diabetes and alcohol, food allergies, deficiency are some causes of burning sensation in the hand.
When people say they suddenly feel a burning sensation in their hands, the sensation they are describing can actually be of one or more types. They said they felt burning in the hands, pain, itching, swelling, redness, or pain. Sometimes it’s all of these feelings start to hurt together.
These feelings people feel in their hands or in fingers are usually due to one of these reasons:
- Reaction to a drug
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
There are various reasons for the infection, allergy, and reaction to a drug. If you have an infection, then there is a possibility that the skin on your hand was broken and bacteria entered. Allergies and reactions to drugs are also obvious. If you try a new medicine or switch medicine, there could be reactions to the medications. There is a higher possibility of interaction between other medications you now take. Allergies are another reason that can produce burning hands.
If you consume something that doesn’t suit you, may you have a food allergy to a particular ingredient? Some foods are known allergy producers including eggs, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, and wheat. Insect bites or touching certain plants or the smell of certain flowers can produce allergies that result in irritation and burning hands or fingers.
Home remedies for burning sensation
There are different types of home remedies used for cure. Here we are going to learn about the most popular & top 8 home remedies.
- Soak your hand in cold water or an ice bucket: Soaking your hand in cold water or an ice bucket can help temporarily relieve the burning sensation in the hand. But, people who suffer from erythromelalgia should avoid this because it has some side effects also. It may damage their skin.
- Turmeric Supplements: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which are very effective in pain, itchiness, and burning sensation of hands. It is widely used in Asia as a medicine to treat many diseases. It has curcumin that improves blood circulation. You can drink a mixture of turmeric powder and water every day or you can directly apply a thick paste of turmeric and water to the affected region for immediate relief from burning sensation and itchiness.
- Ginger Paste: Ginger is known for its medicinal properties and helps to treat numerous problems, one of which is burning hands. You can massage your hand for up to 20 minutes with a mixture of ginger juice and olive or coconut oil. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties which are effective in the burning sensation. If you drink a cup of ginger tea daily, your immunity will improve and keep your body secure from germs and bacterias.
- Neem Leaf and Neem Flower: Neem leaf and its flower have high medicinal values and can effectively cure burning sensations in the hands. Neem is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties and that is very helpful in bacterial and fungus infection and also cures burning sensations. Drink a small dose of neem leaf juice every day for better health and clean & pure blood.
- Epsom Salt: Epsom salt can also be used for instant relief from pain. For instant relief just make a mixture of Epsom salt and warm water. Soak your hand and feet for up to 15 minutes every day, make it twice every day if the burning sensation is strong. Epsom salt contains magnesium sulphate that provides instant relief from burning sensations. It is not suitable for those people who suffer from diabetes and heart diseases. You can consult with your doctor before using Epsom salt.
- Diet and Hydration: A good diet includes foods rich in protein and fatty acids, such as fish, green leafy vegetables, dairy products, nuts, etc. can improve the burning hand and feet condition. Keep your body hydrated by drinking water and fluids.
- Bitter Gourd: Bitter Gourd leaves can be used for instant relief from the burning sensation of your hands and feet. Prepare a thick paste of bitter gourd leaves and water, then apply it to the affected area and rub this paste over it.
- Henna leaves: On burning sensation, Henna leaves are also an effective herb for curing. Use henna leaves or powder and make a paste of it with vinegar or lemon juice as a base. Apply this paste every day to the affected areas, leave to act for a few hours then rinse. This remedy helps a lot to cure the burning sensations. However, henna leaves its color on the skin.
In this article, we understand the reason for the burning sensation in the hand. Why its happen to you? and how we can cure this burning sensation using home remedies. The reason for burning sensation in the hand is an infection, allergy, reaction to a drug, carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy, and erythromelalgia. And we can cure this burning sensation using home remedies like soaking your hand in cold water or an ice bucket, turmeric supplements, ginger paste, neem leaf, and neem flower, Epsom salt, diet and hydration, bitter gourd, and henna leaves. Here are some home remedies that help relieve the burning sensation. After using these remedies if you do not feel better then consult with your doctor and follow the treatment.