Have you ever faced heart-related problems? Well, it’s terrible to think of having a heart problem. But if we have a heart problem then it’s a chance that might be you hear about “Brilinta” medicine. Brilinta is the drug medicine that is given to a patient who has a heart cause or some kind of discomfort in the heart to prevent heart attack and cardiovascular death. There are various Brilinta side effects that affect humans based on their immunity level.
In the below article, we will share information about Brilinta and its usage, dosage & side effects.
Brilinta is a brand name that is prescribed medicine prevent heart attack, stroke, and cardiovascular death caused by heart problems in people. It is a blood-thinner that prevents the formation of new blood clots and helps to maintain blood flow in the body.
It is for adults’ use. It is generally used to treat people with the acute coronary syndrome (ACS).In addition, it is also commonly known as ticagrelor.
Brilinta is usually given together with low-dose aspirin. Too much use of aspirin can make Brilinta less effective.
What Are The Uses Of Brilinta
Here in the below list find the best uses of Brilinta.
- It is used to lower the risk of heart attack, stroke, or death due to a blocked artery or a prior heart attack.
- It is used to prevent the risk of a first heart attack or stroke if people have decreased blood flow to the heart.
- It is used to prevent stroke & death due to blockage or decreased blood flow in arteries in adults.
- It is used to prevent blood clotting, for people who have ACS or stents treatment.
- It is prescribed to people who have a highly increased risk for heart attack or stroke even who do not have a history of a heart attack.
Precautions Before Taking Dosages
- Take Brilinta as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Brilinta is taken together with aspirin. So, Do not take aspirin more than Brilinta. Take them exactly as directed by a doctor.
- Take this medicine twice at the same time each day, with or without a meal as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- Before stopping Brilinta always be concerned with your doctor and take their recommendation even if you have signs of bleeding.Because stopping the medicine without a doctor’s advice could increase your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- Avoid drinking alcohol because drinking alcohol while taking aspirin can increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
- Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury like shaving and brushing.
- Avoid taking this drug after any kind of surgery happen or concerned your doctor before taking it.
- Do not take an overdose of Brilinta medicine, it can cause excessive bleeding.
- During pregnancy, it’s highly recommended that do not take this medicine without concern to the doctor.
Dosages Of Taking Brilinta
- Brilinta should have a loading dose of two 90 mg tablets and a maintenance dose for 1 Year is 90 mg twice a day. After a 1-year maintenance dose will be 60 mg twice a day.
- In some cases, the maintenance dose has 60 mg twice a day. The maintenance dose depends on which heart cause or disease you have, like Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Coronary Syndrome, History of MI, etc.
- This drug should be taken together with a daily maintenance dose of aspirin 75mg to 100mg once a day as recommended by a doctor.
- In the case of ACS, follow dose for at least the first 12 months,
- This drug is superior to Plavix which prevents you from a serious cardiovascular attack.
Side Effects Of Brilinta Medicine
Taking Brilinta medicine with precautions is safe. But in some cases, the patient has an allergic reaction from its consumption. It has mild or serious side effects on the body.
After taking this drug, if you have spot signs of difficulty in breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat on your body. So, instantly get emergency medical help because it can be lethal.
Some common side effects of this medicine:
- irregular heartbeat
- high blood pressure
- back pain
- low blood pressure
- chest pain
Some Serious side effects of this medicine:
- Continuously or heavy nose bleeding
- Red, pink, or brown-colored urine
- Have black, bloody, or tarry stools
- Have Coughing with blood clots
- Have Vomiting which looks like coffee grounds
- Shortness in breathing
Brilinta is a drug that is used as a prescribed medicine for heart patients. It helps to reduce or prevent heart attacks and cardiovascular attacks in those people who have serious heart problems. So, it is most important that you take this medicine only after the doctor’s recommendation. And Before starting this medicine see and follow every warning and precaution. In the last do not forget to discuss all your previous medical history and surgeries. So, the doctor can give you the right advice before taking Brilinta.