Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is the most common condition in women’s vaginal part. Bacterial Vaginosis arises due to an excessive multiplication of detrimental bacteria in the vaginal area, which causes an imbalance in the vaginal environment. This situation arises when the ratio of harmful bacteria surpasses that of beneficial bacteria.. It is treatable in some women on their own and in some women with medicine and the help of a gynecologist. If it is left untreated then the chances of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) increase as the blood pressure rises while running which could cause a lot of problems during pregnancy and intercourse.
We are going to discuss way more things with you here in this blog regarding symptoms, causes, preventions, diagnosis process, and many more things regarding this infection.
What is Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)?
At the reproductive age of women (women who have not experienced menopause) this infection causes abnormal vaginal discharge. The imbalance of bacteria in the vaginal part of women due to continuous overgrowth of bacteria is the reason behind this infection. The good news is that it is 100% treatable if concerned with the highly proclaimed gynecologist. Most women suffer from this issue and most of them even do not know when this occurs and ends. Still, every woman must know about its causes, treatments, and consequences to avoid future diseases which could be caused by BV.
There are multiple symptoms seen in women but it is not mandatory every time that symptoms could be identified.
Here are some signs which could be the reasons:
- Thin and greyish or white (Milky) discharge.
- The fishy odor (smell) of discharge is often after sex or during the menstrual cycle.
- Irritation in the vagina.
- Burning while urination.
- Itching outside of the vagina.
- A Vagina is a habitat of multiple types of bacteria. It causes when the type of good bacteria lactobacillus takes over the number of harmful bacteria called anaerobe.
- It can cause in the vagina of women of any age but mostly occurs in women of the age group of 15 to 44. Women who are active in sexual activities have more chances of getting it comparing women who are not active in sexual activities.
- Having multiple sex partners and without the use of condoms.
- Bacterial Vaginosis can not spread through toilet seats and swimming pools.
Precaution To Avoid Bacterial Vaginosis
- Must have limited sex partners: Having multiple sex partners increases the chance of getting this infection which is not good for health and could give birth to more harmful diseases.
- Keeping Vaginal bacteria in balance: For cleaning the outside of the vagina always use warm water without using any type of soap.
- Using Condoms: Every time you have sex with your partner use condoms in the right manner to avoid it.
- Wear cotton underwear: Cotton has the property of wiping out moisture so, using underwear made up of cotton would be the right choice.
- Avoid perfumed bubble baths: This is also one of the big reasons for this bacterial infection.
- Avoid Douching: Instead of douching choose another form of a safe method for cleanliness because douching imbalances the number of bacteria that cause this.
Process to Diagnose
There are multiple tests available to figure out the presence of this bacterial infection which could be done after your doctor or nurse take a sample of your vaginal discharge and do an in-office test under a microscope to figure out the infection but if they do not identify easily then they send the sample of vaginal discharge to the lab to check harmful bacteria.
Points to remember before consulting a doctor for a test:-
- Don’t use deodorant spray on your vaginal part because this could lead to identifying the infection hard and can cause irritation in the vaginal part.
- When your periods are over only then make an appointment with a doctor.
Note- After the tests, if doctors find a Bacterial Vaginosis infection then they will prescribe antibiotics. These antibiotics are available in many forms like gel, cream, and pills. You can ask for it according to your preference.
If Bacterial Vaginosis is not get treated on time?
STIs could occur:
STIs stand for sexually transmitted infections. If the person does not get treatment on time then the chance of diseases like HIV, gonorrhea, and genital herpes increases.
Giving birth before the time of completion and to an underweight child is not good for a child’s health. Women who suffer from this problem must visit of best doctor to cope with the problem as soon as possible.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID):
PID is also caused by this infection, it is an infection of the uterus and the fallopian tubes which are the main villain of infertility in women.
Now we are well known for this dangerous bacterial infection which could lead to multiple diseases and make life awful. Whenever any woman feels or figures out any of the symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis then she must audit her daily routine to get to know the exact reason for it. So, she can avoid the things which are responsible for her health issue.
After auditing and taking precautions women must check with the best specialist doctor for a better treatment process. This could lead to infertility, STIs, and many more pregnancy challenges which are not good for their own health as well as the health of the sexual partner and The text seems to be without errors and easily understood. Nevertheless, lacking context, it is challenging to ascertain if there are any additional enhancements that may be necessary. If you have any defined needs, kindly inform me, and I will gladly offer my assistance.. We often hear in our surroundings that precaution is better than cure. So, it is time to follow this.